Monday, January 17, 2011

And the Result?

Here's the thing. I love what I do professionally.

I look forward to helping someone by taking a close look at their writing and finding a way to make it clearer and more effective. I enjoy writing a story myself - sifting through information, collecting both discovered and delivered insights. The next issue of FOCUS needs to congeal relatively immediately and I'm excited by that prospect. I get to turn an Indonesian woman's answers to my questions into a personal profile. I get to figure out the best way to link stories about polar bears and ice floes with a tiger tagging project in Nepal. This is really cool stuff.

And maybe it's enough. Maybe this outlet - this creative job of mine, requires enough inventiveness to keep my soul moving forward. And that if I can see movies, and write a paragraph of fiction here, or a memoir-paragraph there, then my creative spirit (along with movies, and art, and good tv) is fulfilled.

Stuff to think about anyway. A good way to start the week.

No comments: