Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Next Blog (Friday's) Today

Writing this a bit early, because I had an epiphany on the ride home tonight, as I read article after article about artistic events and expressions that I was passionate to see. And I felt guilty. Because, shouldn't I be creating something of passion? Shouldn't I have a story I feel I need to tell?

Well right now, I don't have a story I'm passionate to write. When I discovered what became The Zookeeper, I immediately knew that I needed to focus on it. When I take a new job I am invariably consumed by all the things I need to learn.

Right now, I am passionate about rediscovering my creativity. Classes (taking a dance class starting next week at a local dance school, and testing out a singing class at Church) and books (Freedom, The Lacuna, perhaps another dive into Susan Collins - the author of The Hunger Games), a photography exhibit at the Corcoran. An after work event at the Phillips.

Perhaps its justifying a lack of writing, but it feels as if right now I need to refill my well of inspiration. Read, take notes, explore, soak in. So while by tomorrow I may be off on a novel tangent, I think it's more important to let myself not.

No comments: