Friday, January 14, 2011

The Next Inspiration

...came out of nowhere.

OK, not true. Two forms of inspiration came to the fore last night, both reliable, even if I wasn't looking for them last night. A new television series called "Shameless" that transfixed with its roughshod, creative pulse. And actually dipping into Franzen's "Freedom" which, for some reason, I'd been resisting.

Oh, and the third inspiration: silence. Silence, silence, silence. After a long, busy work day (from home, for which I'm deeply grateful) I took more work to dinner - just me, my notebooks and reports, and the new Entertainment Weekly magazine.

Somewhere in all of that, a new story started to flow. No promises! No promises. But I will say it felt good.

This weekend: an art exhibit I've been wanting to see for months.

No comments: